By using the same research and development used to create its professional cinema systems, Klipsch has developed the Klipsch KL-525-THX LCR loudspeaker to create real theater-style sound in the comforts of home. As part of the THX® Ultra2 family, this LCR reproduces all the passion that the filmmakers originally intended.
• Sealed enclosure
• Top-of-the-line internal wiring
• Dual 5.25-inch Cerametallic™ woofers
• 1-inch titanium diaphragm compression driver coupled to a 6- by 10-inch Tractrix Horn
As the smaller of the two LCR speakers in the Ultra2 family, the highly efficient KL-525-THX features a sealed enclosure, top-of-the-line internal wiring, dual 5.25-inch Cerametallic™ woofers and a 1-inch titanium diaphragm compression driver coupled to a 6- by 10-inch Tractrix® Horn.
The KL-525-THX enclosure has the same dado and rabbet construction used in Klipsch professional speakers ensuring cabinet integrity in suspended applications. The Omni-Mount suspension points on this loudspeaker facilitate wall or ceiling mounting using standard hardware.
Available in a custom Galaxy black finish with an aluminum fascia, the KL-525-THX delivers dynamic audio experiences that draw listeners into the middle of live concerts and action packed movies.
Klipsch KL-525 THX specifications:
• BUILT FROM: 2004
• CROSSOVER FREQUENCY: 1500Hz
• DIMENSIONS: 12.75" (32.4cm) H x 16" (40.6cm) W x 12.5" (31.8cm) D (w/ grille)
• ENCLOSURE MATERIAL: MDF
• ENCLOSURE TYPE: Sealed
• FINISHES: Galaxy Black cabinet with Black anodized aluminum fascia
• FREQUENCY RESPONSE: 80Hz-20kHz (+-)3dB
• HIGH FREQUENCY HORN: 10" x 6" rectangular 90 x 60 Tractrix Horn
• INPUT CONNECTIONS: 2 sets of binding post speaker terminals (connected via brass strap jumpers)
• MOUNTING: 4-bolt pattern, 1/4"-20 thread
• NOMINAL IMPEDANCE: 8 ohms compatible
• POWER HANDLING: 100 w max continuous (400 w peak)
• SENSITIVITY: 94dB @ 2.83 volts / 1 meter
• TWEETER: 1" (2.5cm) magnetically shielded, titanium dome compression driver with 9.6oz ceramic magnet structure
• WEIGHT: 32 lbs. (14.5kg)
• WOOFER: Two 5.25" (13.3cm) magnetically shielded, Cerametallic cone, cast aluminum frame drivers